250 E. Huron Ave. Room 105
Bad Axe, MI 48413
Magistrate Court Phone Number:
Court Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 except Holidays.
The 73B District Court serves Huron County. The Court is located in Bad Axe, Michigan.
If you are a juror for the District Court for Tuesday, April 10 or Tuesday, April 17, 2018, your presence is NOT REQUIRED. You DO NOT need to report. Thank you!
The Court handles the following matters within the communities we serve:
- Criminal Cases: misdemeanors.
- Felonies: initial jurisdiction for arraignment and preliminary examination.
- Civil infractions: traffic and non traffic offenses
- Small Claims: claim does not exceed $6,000
- Landlord/Tenant and Evictions
- General Civil matters involving lawsuits up to $25,000
If you are coming to court to make a payment for fines and costs, we accept cash, in-county personal checks, money orders, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, or Debit card. Official Payments can be used 24/7.
All persons attending court must abide by the following Court Policies:
- SUBJECT TO SEARCH: The Court reserves the right to inspect all packages, bags, etc. Potential weapons as well as cellular phones and pagers are prohibited.
- WEAR PROPER ATTIRE: Proper attire means neat, clean, presentable clothes. Shorts, Swimsuits, tops exposing the midriff, cutoff sweatshirts and similar attire are not acceptable. Hats must be removed before entering the courtroom. Baggy pants exposing undergarments are not allowed.
- ADJOURNMENTS: For a small claims or informal hearing, one adjournment is allowed per party, if requested at least 7 days before scheduled hearing. For adjournments on other types of hearings please contact the court.
- FINES AND COSTS ARE DUE ON YOUR COURT DATE